Originally Posted by Dcuda69
Yep. All late model vehicles have adaptive strategy to "learn" your diving style. Drive it like granny, it'll learn that and store stuff such as idle speed, upshift/downshift points,etc on KAM(keep alive memory) which can be erased with a power disconnect(fuse,batt cable,etc)While not the same as a "tune" a KAM reset can be helpful with certain issues. Be aware that batt disconnects can cause other issues such as relearn procedures for other various systems.

I hate the "adaptive" philosophy. It may work with one driver on flat terrain but when you have multiple drivers in hilly terrain, as an example, the transmission shift points and firmness are always chasing their tail. As for the rest, don't get me going on that. The biggest fault I have with it all is that it's predicated on what's in the rear view mirror, not what's in the windshield.

With a 727 it did what it did and as the driver you compensated as required. Now, the drivers apparently are too stupid to do that. One more rant, I firmly believe that with cars with collision avoidance, self steering capabilities, adaptive technology, etc. that a generation of incompetent drivers is being raised that have no driving skills and can't think for themselves.

runaway

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".