Originally Posted by 6PakBee
Originally Posted by Dcuda69
Yep. All late model vehicles have adaptive strategy to "learn" your diving style. Drive it like granny, it'll learn that and store stuff such as idle speed, upshift/downshift points,etc on KAM(keep alive memory) which can be erased with a power disconnect(fuse,batt cable,etc)While not the same as a "tune" a KAM reset can be helpful with certain issues. Be aware that batt disconnects can cause other issues such as relearn procedures for other various systems.

I hate the "adaptive" philosophy. It may work with one driver on flat terrain but when you have multiple drivers in hilly terrain, as an example, the transmission shift points and firmness are always chasing their tail. As for the rest, don't get me going on that. The biggest fault I have with it all is that it's predicated on what's in the rear view mirror, not what's in the windshield.

Ya that's where the tune helps. On my truck with the stock tune the shifts are soft and soon with lockup in 3rd gear...it always wants to get to high gear as fast as possible regardless of vehicle speed. The tune moves lockup to 4th gear(HUGE improvement) and doesn't allow high gear until 50+ mph...zero hunting for gears. With the increased throttle response from other tweaks he made it's a completely different truck no matter who drives it.