Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
I don't mean to drag this on, but I'm not familiar with lithium car batteries, and tried just reading a bit. Clear one thing up please. Are they also known as AGM's or completely different technology?

I'm liking the 5 lbs! I see I'd need to buy new battery charger. Reading more about them.

Larry, AGM is completely different than lithium ion. AGM is still a lead acid battery, and is heavy and big. LI is a whole different animal. Very small and light. It will operate off of the cars alternator. But for charging outside the car, it needs it's own dedicated charger. And if you run it down below a certain voltage, it shuts off and needs the special charger to wake it up. That's because the battery has a microprocessor or something in side to protect the cells.
I used this thing in my drag week car, and it worked out fine, and saved 50 pounds.
Thank you! Very intrigued by these lithium batteries now, and reading more on them, and really leaning toward one of these now that you have me looking at them! I read about requirement for unique charger. This sounds like a great option over the moving standard battery to trunk. Thanks! Larry

Facts are stubborn things.