Originally Posted by A12
Originally Posted by 62maxwgn
I think most of you guys are "nuts" !! no

I'm keeping this one, it was Bill O's last post in a Mopar restoration/hobby forum and pretty sure directed directly at me..............as I said Bill O was a straight shooter. Already missing his wit wink

JD I think only the factory parts and technical illustrations can really confirm washer or no washer, and as we know, what actually happened all of the time on the assembly line is not always inline with those documents. For me having a wing nut without a washer is crude engineering practice and especially on a painted or wrinkle finish air filter cover. I have a couple of autographed air filter covers and a couple of original covers too that will get washers even if we find illustrations showing no washers.

But hey don't let this stop the fun of these silly, nutty threads.....still better than politics wink wink

Mike

Some of the factory technical illustrations were not 100% accurate. The 1969 parts and service manuals showing J bolts for exhaust tips for example. That was an old illustration they cut and pasted in the 69 manuals. I always had to contend with washers on my A12’s and Hemi cars...but I cannot say without a doubt that they were original that way. I would use washers and I don’t think any judge will dispute it unless you use bright zinc plated hardware store washers. The original nuts and washers were not shiny or plated