Hello. I've been considering putting more focus to my 79 Dodge truck and have been considering converting in the future to a Holley Sniper EFI system for but, need to see what I need to do before I fully commit. Here's the current setup in my 79 Dodge truck: 408 Magnum stroker with 10:5:1 compression, Edelbrock Air Gap Performer RPM Intake, Edelbrock Aluminum heads ported with 2.08 valves, Hughes hydraulic roller cam 228/236 @.050 and .550/.565 on a 108 LSA with 4 degrees of advance built in, 1.7 rockers, MSD Ignition including their distributor, and B/E-Body small block TTI headers with 3 inch exhaust.

Here's my first question, I'm just wondering with the camshaft specification listed above if the system would be able to self learn or would it need a custom tune? I know my power brakes work fine with this setup and believe I pull 14-15 inches of vacuum with this setup. The other question I have is regarding the fuel system. I currently have a bed mounted 20 gallon? fuel cell running an external Holley red pump with regulator. Just wondering if I should go with a Holley/Aeromotive/Other branded external pump or should I try to cut my fuel cell for an in-tank pump? If so which brand of pump?

The last question I have is regarding my electrical system and electrical interference. I'm still running my factory wiring with a couple of modifications with namely the ammeter converted to a voltmeter by Redline Gauges and a Diplomat alternator. On my to do list is a headlight harness as well. I'm just wondering if I would be okay installing the EFI with my factory harness with the addition of fuel injection since I have an MSD Ignition? Sorry for the long post but, just brainstorming and looking for some guidance here. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by RustyMopar01; 12/02/20 03:25 PM.