As mentioned, the fuel side is the hard part of converting to EFI.
If you can run an in-tank EFI fuel pump. it saves you from needing a pump pre-filter, the pump will run cooler and quieter too.
Post fuel pump, you need a 10 to 30 micron (max) fuel filter, AND a clean supply fuel line to the EFI. Any garbage into the EFI fuel inlet is going to cause injector and regulator issues.
I run a return type system too. It keeps the fuel flowing and cool. Pre-run fuel through the pump and lines to clear any debris before connecting to the EFI fuel rail.

The sniper I installed on Mikes car works good. He used the entire sniper setup, tank, pump, distributor, CD bod and coil.
I have seen some complain about emi issues, but I don't know if that is wiring related, or related to using a magnetic pickup distributor vs. the HyperSpark distributor?

I have the older FiTech, and have no issues with emi, running a lean-burn distributor.

These new EFI are pretty well setup out of the box. You do need a good exhaust seal for the O2 sensor. Header leaks and such will throe the O2 sensors readings off.
Your engine combination should not be a problem at all for the EFI.

I'm running the FiTech on my 500" stroker with a 270+ duration @ 0.050", 0.726" lift cam. It did take a bit of extra adjustments to the tune, but pretty easy.

One thing usually not mentioned is you don't plop the EFI on and then go to town. Need to take it easy at first so the EFI can self learn.
First the EFI does not enter self learn until the engine is warmed up, I think 170+ degrees. Then it would like to self learn over the rpm range with various loads to trim the fuel map.
The Ignition tuning is all manual, no self learn there. Stock map is good. The important thing is to install the distributor with the correct phasing and verify the engines actual ignition timing is what the EFI is displaying.

When going from a carb to EFI, you read fuel pressure differently. Normally with a carb, you want to see a steady fuel pressure. With EFI the regulator will change the fuel pressure up or down depending on the manifold pressure. The idea is to keep the same pressure differential across the injector.

Last edited by 451Mopar; 12/05/20 12:53 PM.