To clarify, I obtained the requested info between the late 80's through the late 90's. Perhaps a dozen times or so, and have not pursued any info request since. They also told me at that time that regarding my inquiries, the microfilm showed ONLY the VIN, selling dealer, and the date the vehicle was delivered to that dealer, nothing else. But more then likely, if there was a theft or lien report attached, they would have started to ask ME questions! I will also reiterate that I subsequently found out after a period of time that Galen was obtaining info also, which should not be a surprise.

So, based on the current referenced page from the NICB site, it looks to be possible to obtain said info, as long as a contact can be found that is willing to do so. Like I said, my sole emphasis to NICB during my inquiries at that time was to determine the selling dealer, so as to create a reproduction window sticker strictly for historical purposes. Perhaps not a bouquet of flowers this time around, but a steak dinner may do it! LOL! Good luck!

Bill Rolik