I will tell you what I know is true. ncic is a " current data " system used by both insurance and law enforcement. the ncib is the recorded data from all entry's made into the ncic system. not all ncib records will be viewable . for example, a stolen car will have a report made and the data will go in the ncic system. then after it becomes old data [ maybe 30 days ] its entered for statistical reasons into ncib. if you search for the theft record , it my only show the date and that an entry was made for the vin. any time the vin is searched, its noted by an id. number of who [ the searcher ] and when it was searched. I don't know the law for all states but, most have a law that requires the DMV. keep a record of all titles issued. the order from the first being assigned the "A" title and so on . before the first title , a bill of origin comes with the car during transport to the dealer. you may need a legal reason to get the info from the dmv. and you could use a lawyer to request a search the dmv records. you would need to know the first state that issued title to do it this way though and I am not 100% sure if the first record shows the dealer info.. iso -insurance service office . choice point is another.. I have an actual report printed out showing a complete list for my car !

Last edited by ek3; 11/26/20 02:59 PM.