Originally Posted by gtx6970
Originally Posted by bremotorsports

For Bill, Dan, and everyone else:

Many years ago, prior to privacy laws and of course 9/11, I was able to get information on selling dealers from the National Insurance Crime Bureau, which has, and still has, multiple offices around the country. I found out much later that Galen was accessing this service also.

They have in storage, on microfilm at the time (and perhaps digitally now), the VIN numbers, selling dealer name, and delivery date to that dealer, for basically every car ever built. My appeal to them, as in individual, was for the sole purpose of being able to create a legitimate reproduction window sticker.

It cost me several bouquets of flowers for the young lady who did this for me, but it checked out every time. I provided the VIN number, and she would go the microfilm room, and about 10 minutes later produced the info.

In subsequent years, things tightened up, and as an individual, you can pretty much forget about obtaining this info.

HOWEVER..... I was told essentially that members of law enforcement, or insurance companies (with the agency license number and the reason for the inquiry), can still access the info through the Bureau, so if anyone has those kinds of contacts, it may be worth investigating.

Bill Rolik

Bill,
A few days ago, I reached out to a friend of mine whom is in law enforcement. And he knows of no such data base or way to access said info

Your friend is out of the loop apparently

https://www.nicb.org/law-enforcement/investigative-assistance