Moparts

Chrysler Historical services

Posted By: gtx6970

Chrysler Historical services - 11/25/20 05:36 PM

Anyone used this service recently?
If so,,,,,Did it get you anything useful?
All I really want is the selling dealer of my car ( 1966 Satellite )
Ive read elsewhere the only thing you get now is a copy of the IBM punch card .
Is that information even on the punch card ?
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Chrysler Historical services - 11/25/20 05:45 PM

AFAIK it is still FREE but they offer NO decoding services - if you are successful in receiving an image of the IBM build record, I can decode it & yes, it has the original "shipped to" dealer code

Re: Chrysler Historical services - 11/25/20 06:35 PM

Thanks Dan,

Ive been doing some digging on my cars past and one of the previous owners THINKS it came out of Ky ( a bit ironic ,,,seeing as so did I )

So far what I know ,,, A buddy of mine bought it 1998 time frame. When he bought it the car came from a guy in Texas, His name is Tony
Tony bought it about 1991 and was running a 383 at that time. He pulled the oil leaking 383 and sat a Hemi back in it . But when he sold the car to me friend it was less engine and trans And he put the Hemi in a 1969 Roadrunner which I think he still owns ( unknown if its original hemi car or not )

But ....anyway he ' THINKS ' the guy he bought it from got the car out of Ky somewhere

Here are 2 OLD pictures I have of the car from the early 90s time frame . So maybe it will jog some ones memory banks

Attached picture old-pic-1.jpg
Attached picture old-pic-2.jpg
Posted By: johnnycuda

Re: Chrysler Historical services - 11/25/20 07:04 PM

I have always been curious where my Cuda was sold originally, as when I bought it in 1987, it came with a Indiana plate, but was told it was sold in California where I bought it, I know it was built in LA, do you just send a letter with your information to them, including VIN number?, thanks in advance

Re: Chrysler Historical services - 11/25/20 08:00 PM

Ive been told they only have records on 1967 and older
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Chrysler Historical services - 11/25/20 09:52 PM

Some cards show the dealer in the upper left corner. In the example below of my '56 Plymouth IBM card, the dealer is 61024 City Plymouth in Chicago. On the lower example of my '57 Dodge, the dealer code is on the bottom and is blank so it's probably not a sold car.

As stated, only '67 and earlier are available...Price is $45.

Attached picture Card.PNG
Attached picture Card 57 Dodge.PNG
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Chrysler Historical services - 11/26/20 12:35 AM

I got my IBM copy last year from them, 66 Hemi Belvedere II. In the letter it told what dealer it was delivered too. A little hard to read though, delivery date of 1/19/66 one option, tinted glass.
Mine was free, check sent back to me.
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Chrysler Historical services - 11/26/20 02:57 AM

currently 1967 & earlier ONLY, NO decoding & FREE
Posted By: bremotorsports

Re: Chrysler Historical services - 11/26/20 04:25 PM

For Bill, Dan, and everyone else:

Many years ago, prior to privacy laws and of course 9/11, I was able to get information on selling dealers from the National Insurance Crime Bureau, which has, and still has, multiple offices around the country. I found out much later that Galen was accessing this service also.

They have in storage, on microfilm at the time (and perhaps digitally now), the VIN numbers, selling dealer name, and delivery date to that dealer, for basically every car ever built. My appeal to them, as in individual, was for the sole purpose of being able to create a legitimate reproduction window sticker.

It cost me several bouquets of flowers for the young lady who did this for me, but it checked out every time. I provided the VIN number, and she would go the microfilm room, and about 10 minutes later produced the info.

In subsequent years, things tightened up, and as an individual, you can pretty much forget about obtaining this info.

HOWEVER..... I was told essentially that members of law enforcement, or insurance companies (with the agency license number and the reason for the inquiry), can still access the info through the Bureau, so if anyone has those kinds of contacts, it may be worth investigating.

Bill Rolik

Re: Chrysler Historical services - 11/26/20 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by bremotorsports

Many years ago, prior to privacy laws and of course 9/11, I was able to get information on selling dealers from the National Insurance Crime Bureau, which has, and still has, multiple offices around the country. I found out much later that Galen was accessing this service also.

They have in storage, on microfilm at the time (and perhaps digitally now), the VIN numbers, selling dealer name, and delivery date to that dealer, for basically every car ever built. My appeal to them, as in individual, was for the sole purpose of being able to create a legitimate reproduction window sticker.

It cost me several bouquets of flowers for the young lady who did this for me, but it checked out every time. I provided the VIN number, and she would go the microfilm room, and about 10 minutes later produced the info.

In subsequent years, things tightened up, and as an individual, you can pretty much forget about obtaining this info.

HOWEVER..... I was told essentially that members of law enforcement, or insurance companies (with the agency license number and the reason for the inquiry), can still access the info through the Bureau, so if anyone has those kinds of contacts, it may be worth investigating.

Bill Rolik

Bill,
A few days ago, I reached out to a friend of mine whom is in law enforcement. And he knows of no such data base or way to access said info
Posted By: A727Tflite

Re: Chrysler Historical services - 11/26/20 06:31 PM

NICB has a website.

Check it out. Usually street cops don’t know about these resources. Check with the Detectives in Investigation.

I used a known stolen and came up with nothing. Very old stolen.

But I’m guessing if they indeed have a database with all this info it’s going to take someone inside there in IT to run a report for something that any of us would need.

Posted By: Sniper

Re: Chrysler Historical services - 11/26/20 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by gtx6970

Bill Rolik

Bill,
A few days ago, I reached out to a friend of mine whom is in law enforcement. And he knows of no such data base or way to access said info

Your friend is out of the loop apparently

https://www.nicb.org/law-enforcement/investigative-assistance

Re: Chrysler Historical services - 11/26/20 06:49 PM

Thanks, I will forward this to him
maybe I'll get lucky

I am planning to fill out paperwork for Chrysler Historical either way ,,,,just in case
Posted By: ek3

Re: Chrysler Historical services - 11/26/20 06:54 PM

I will tell you what I know is true. ncic is a " current data " system used by both insurance and law enforcement. the ncib is the recorded data from all entry's made into the ncic system. not all ncib records will be viewable . for example, a stolen car will have a report made and the data will go in the ncic system. then after it becomes old data [ maybe 30 days ] its entered for statistical reasons into ncib. if you search for the theft record , it my only show the date and that an entry was made for the vin. any time the vin is searched, its noted by an id. number of who [ the searcher ] and when it was searched. I don't know the law for all states but, most have a law that requires the DMV. keep a record of all titles issued. the order from the first being assigned the "A" title and so on . before the first title , a bill of origin comes with the car during transport to the dealer. you may need a legal reason to get the info from the dmv. and you could use a lawyer to request a search the dmv records. you would need to know the first state that issued title to do it this way though and I am not 100% sure if the first record shows the dealer info.. iso -insurance service office . choice point is another.. I have an actual report printed out showing a complete list for my car !
Posted By: bremotorsports

Re: Chrysler Historical services - 11/26/20 11:57 PM

To clarify, I obtained the requested info between the late 80's through the late 90's. Perhaps a dozen times or so, and have not pursued any info request since. They also told me at that time that regarding my inquiries, the microfilm showed ONLY the VIN, selling dealer, and the date the vehicle was delivered to that dealer, nothing else. But more then likely, if there was a theft or lien report attached, they would have started to ask ME questions! I will also reiterate that I subsequently found out after a period of time that Galen was obtaining info also, which should not be a surprise.

So, based on the current referenced page from the NICB site, it looks to be possible to obtain said info, as long as a contact can be found that is willing to do so. Like I said, my sole emphasis to NICB during my inquiries at that time was to determine the selling dealer, so as to create a reproduction window sticker strictly for historical purposes. Perhaps not a bouquet of flowers this time around, but a steak dinner may do it! LOL! Good luck!

Bill Rolik
Posted By: Powerflow

Re: Chrysler Historical services - 11/27/20 07:48 PM

Anybody have an address for Chrysler Historical? I've been wanting to get some info on my cars for a long time.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Chrysler Historical services - 11/27/20 08:08 PM

https://www.chryslerclub.org/PDF%20files/Chrysler_Historical_Build_Record_Request.pdf
Posted By: Powerflow

Re: Chrysler Historical services - 11/28/20 12:16 AM

Thanks!
Posted By: 1970GTX

Re: Chrysler Historical services - 11/28/20 01:38 AM

I received my IBM card last year from FCA.

They will tell you the dealer name if they have the info.

At the very least you will have the dealer code.

Here is my experience.

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/posts/?post_id=911374389
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Chrysler Historical services - 11/28/20 04:20 AM

I need to do that for my Barracuda ('67). Fortunately I have all of that information for my '68 GTS including original owner's name.
Posted By: ek3

Re: Chrysler Historical services - 11/28/20 04:10 PM

To clarify, I obtained the requested info between the late 80's through the late 90's. Perhaps a dozen times or so, and have not pursued any info request since. They also told me at that time that regarding my inquiries, the microfilm showed ONLY the VIN, selling dealer, and the date the vehicle was delivered to that dealer, nothing else. But more then likely, if there was a theft or lien report attached, they would have started to ask ME questions! I will also reiterate that I subsequently found out after a period of time that Galen was obtaining info also, which should not be a surprise.

So, based on the current referenced page from the NICB site, it looks to be possible to obtain said info, as long as a contact can be found that is willing to do so. Like I said, my sole emphasis to NICB during my inquiries at that time was to determine the selling dealer, so as to create a reproduction window sticker strictly for historical purposes. Perhaps not a bouquet of flowers this time around, but a steak dinner may do it! LOL! Good luck!

Bill Rolik

I have a copy of the so called window sticker for my car that was being passed off as correct! it was given to me by the us marshalls office! g. govier had certified that the car was a sales bank car from burnside dodge in Charleston sc. ! lucky me , I have the real window sticker to prove that's bogus !!! don't know where he came up with that data ???? must have been a guess , like the fender tags that were on it...........
Posted By: hergfest

Re: Chrysler Historical services - 12/01/20 06:15 AM

Chrysler Historical is currently shut down due to COVID. Tried getting the record on my 65 300L 4spd and it was a no go, hopefully "we will be open in the next year" is what I got back.
© 2024 Moparts Forums