Its a sad situation with the end result not uncommon. Reading your comments its easy to think how did it get that far to end that way but that is not uncommon either. I fight the VA all the time on my treatment for exposure thats destroyed my lungs, im angry alot because I cant get the air I need. So I try to keep life simple.

My wife I care for has a brain stem issue (stroke) and unlike a TBI she has alot of the same issues but I decided to bone up the other night on TBI-s related to service members and was a bit disappointed at the vague information but also understand the general public would not understand the in depth explanation unless they had a reason to dig deeper.

I read about the honeycomb effect of the TBI-s and thats semi easy to grasp but it seems there are many causes.

I feel vets in general and like me that went in at a young age find it as a way of life only to get out to have to live in a totally different world and ive seen it compared in some ways to ones who went to prison young trying to adapt to a different world upon release.

Clearly I dont have the answers, there is no simple answer or a one size fit all answer for each person. Keeping life as simple as possible and stress free as possible is a obvious benefit.

It just sucks all around, I dont know how else to put it. My biggest mistake was getting out, should of been a lifer. Its just hard to go from living life at 110% and on edge all the time to living in a non structured slack ass society.

If you feel like answering this question feel free to or not. But what do you feel the VA and care system in general could be or should be doing different to better help vets with TBI issues? Clearly the bag of pills to mask things isnt the answer for many.

STOP POTATO HATE!