Originally Posted by jcc
RIP angel

I hope your parents can handle all the soul searching they likely will endure for having a loaded firearm accessible in such a volatile environment.

This will be a long recovery for everybody.

I don't understand what you are getting at. This was not a volatile environment. It was a volatile situation. My brother did not live with my parents. The environment is a comfortable home in the country where a 65 and 66 year old live quietly. There are plenty of reasons to have a loaded firearm in your bedroom. They are folks who do not have the physical strength to defend themselves if someone is trying to break in the house at night. There are plenty of animals that prey on their pets. They have horses and outside cats that coyotes love to harass. There have been meth addicts out in their rural area looking for easy targets to steal from. They live where it can take 15-20-30 minutes for a Sheriff's Deputy to reach their house.

I want to restate that this was/is not a volatile environment. The environment is quiet and peaceful. My brother came over and was in the kitchen and asked for money to score some meth and party one last night before going into a VA Mental Health Facility for at least a week. My parents said no initially. They ended up leaving him and going into their bedroom to discuss what to do. Have him stay there, pray, maybe give in and give him the money. He left the kitchen and barged in to their bedroom and acted swiftly and violently.

Last edited by JP8; 11/13/20 02:12 AM.

Instagram : @5_points_racing