Originally Posted by JP8
Originally Posted by doggs330
Yes, those control arms should work. Same part number for all classes of vans from 79-03. This thread will cover the process. It really should be made a sticky.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread...o-lower-your-1972-1993-dodge-pickup.html

I am seeing some discrepency with this thread and the thread that people are saying should be a sticky. That one is written like a story and not like instructions (like How To articles) so it's kind of confusing. I appreciate that there is good info in the "How to lower your 1972-1994 Dodge" but the OP, Kevin I, says to use 72-93 van LCA's and to not use the Van ball joints but to use D100 ball joints.

This thread suggests you can use up to a 1994-2001 Van LCA and there is no mention of having to switch ball joints. Do you have to swap ball joints on these later, 1994-2001, Van LCA's or not?

Thanks.

No, I said you can use the front springs from a 1994 to 2001 Dodge 1500. You can use the van LCAs 1973 to I belive 1978 or maybe later however not both together. I chose using the LCAs from a 1974 B100 instead of going to springs. That lowered the front approximately 2 inches. I was told that adding the lowered springs and using the van LCAs would create a bind at the upper ball joint.

Also, from what I’ve read on using the Dakota dropped spindles there’s some tie rod issues that would need to be addressed.

So, to sum up what I just said I would go ahead and use the B100 LCAs on the front. That will give you that 2 inch drop. From there you can experiment by cutting one coil at a time to see how much more drop you can get before running the risk of binding the upper ball joint. If you went that route I would have a spare set of stock springs so you can go back if you went too far.

Bottom line, not easy to lower our trucks as it is with the Chev C10s

“So if it’s on the internet it must be true”

Abe Lincoln