Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
Originally Posted by 5carguy
Good luck.Hang in there.I know what your talking about.

X 99 !! ... HURRYcane Charlie..., Michael and Irma to name A FEW !

Punta Gorda Is like a FUNNEL fur those things !

I wonder with this historically busy hurricane season, the storms might actually tamer overall then a less busy season, in that the constant storms keep the ocean temps more moderated by the constant ocean churning upwelling a hurricane provides. In that I think say 3 Cat 2-3 hurricanes are more tolerable then one Cat 5?

The last time we had a season like this with this many TS it was 2005 {Karina was August 29th 2005} Also with 3 hurricanes hitting Louisiana in one season it is now a record year just for that!
After my last post I inspected my roof and have damages to every section.
As far as strength a Cat-5 Is killer a real monster the biggest deal is how wide they are. Katrina was a Cat-5 but was also very large in mass so did damages with rain and flooding on Texas Coast, Louisiana, Mississippi Coast as well as Alabama.
A slow moving 2 or 3 is bad for rain and water flood from pushing water inwards inshore once it gets onshore. The prolonged slow path is very destructive.

You want any storm of any strength to move fast as the rain builds fast. That is why way up into the country after it has slowed down to not even a Cat-1 it floods so much
[b] Since my last post of being OK I have inspected my roof and have damges to all sections not bad but every section has some. We did have sustained winds for quite some time

Last edited by 340SIX; 11/01/20 12:30 AM.

[img]https://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/fast340six/sig%20pics/2840886-340SIX-1.jpg[/img]
VP of the MPM in New Orleans
73 Dart Sport 340/ 70 challenger vert. That may still get built, If I live long enough