Originally Posted by AndyF
I snapped this picture in a local wrecking yard a few years back. The car looked like it drove in there. Big ol New Yorker. Not sure on the year, maybe early 70's car?

i had a mature lady friend, passed away in october, who owned a 76 like this.
hers was silver with burgundy top and interior. there is a StRegis nameplate in the top also. i think she said it had 100K on the odo. but it looked good the couple times i saw it.
car hasn't been driven in the 15 years i knew her. she said the car had carb problems is why she never drove it.
i volunteered to work on it and get it running. she politely declined the offer.

her husband has a 70 300 convert that's torn apart in the garage that will never get put back together,
he also has a 68 imperial convert that drives. i installed rebuilt stainless lined 4 piston ft brake calipers and brakes on it 10 yeas ago. it needed some carb work and a good tune up to be really driveable when i put brakes on it..
sad to say unless i rescue them somehow they will probably end up in the scrapyard when the hubby passes away. he won't sell anything to anybody and he only has 1 brother who hates cars.

Last edited by Mr T2U; 09/10/20 06:20 PM.

perception is 90% of reality