Originally Posted by RWG75
Originally Posted by Satilite73

One that really upset me was a '79 Cordoba. I guess it had come from an Estate Auction/sale. I don't remember the exact mileage, but it was under 20K and the car looked it. flame

That's the bad thing about the PAP yards, there's no way to buy a complete car out of the yard. frowwn

Sure there is but it’s one part at a time. Couple decades back came across a 77 Doba that had no business being there but was already missing a few bits. I grabbed front and rear glass, both quarters, k frame, steering column, console, carpet, maybe a door, front bumper and probably some more of it. Saw another one maybe a decade ago - somebody else had grabbed the complete interior. It sucks but it happens.

Yeah I used that trick once to buy a '65 Coronet that was sitting in a yard. The car looked like grandma died and her kids told the yard to come pick it up. It was super clean with one dent where she must have run into something. I paid the yard $200 to hold it for me and then a buddy and I spent a couple of weekends pulling it all apart. We stripped it down to the unibody. Took everything that could be unbolted.