This one boils my potatoes. Local yard. Well known fool owns it. Famously does not sell ANYTHING. The yard is his personal collection. He also runs a towing company and the word around is if he gets his claws into, it won't be seen until the estate sale. He also has two sons that work at the yard. One is a car guy and great to deal with. He understands that they're at the tipping point where it's start selling parts now and get SOMETHING or else it's all going to go to scrap. Sadly, he's the younger brother. The older brother is just like the old man. But, the young one has to run every sale by his Dad and the answer is always "No."

The last time I was there was in 2006 to make a final offer on these Gremlins. He WILL sell them. No keys, no papers and in absolutely horrible shape. $5000 EACH.
The Jolly Green one is a real, '73 Gremlin X V8 car. It is also an air conditioned car. The White/Yellow is a '74 or '75 also a Gremlin X V8 with disc brakes. Both Automatics.
Sadly, neither are worth anywhere near that. My buddy, who is the human version of Ned Flanders went there a few years ago to try and start some sort of dialogue with the owner and with cash in hand, went to make a reasonable offer on the pair. No dice.

And so they sit.

15 years ago, they might have been restorable. When I first saw the '72.... the grille was not broken, and neither was the windscreen. It WAS a viable car. With our winters out here though, these cars probably aren't even good candidates to part out. Especially not at the prices he's asking.

What's worse is this yard is the oldest operating junkyard in the area. The owners' father started "collecting" back during the scrap drives of WW II. There's model T's there... or, what's left of them. Model A Deuce coupe Fords, wood-body Chevrolets, Buicks and Chryslers from the 30's..... lots of late 40's cars.... the selection of 50's cars would make you cry. The muscle at the yard would make you pull your hair out. 429 Eliminators, dozens of Mach 1s, 3 or 4 Boss 351's.... Duster 360s, Aspen R/T's, more big-block C-bodies than you'll ever see in one place. The A-body section used to make me cry because he had all the parts my '71 Swinger or '75 Valiant needed but he wouldn't sell anything. The real shame is he's run out of property so the spread has now turned to stacking. A lot of the older stuff is on the bottom and the 80's and 90's stuff is on the top shelf.

100_0001.jpg100_0004.jpg
Last edited by RamblerMan; 09/10/20 04:52 AM.

Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka, Blessed art thou among cocktails....