If in the end in stuck, im stuck, I will replace the rocker and buy a couple new bare doors and fix it properly. But if I can get a bit back I will, and the way the title was done is really hokey and sine the one big dealer was involved maybe they will or wont care about the bad reviews or press. The local tv channels love stories like this in there wrong doing stories.

Yea, if I could of, of course id of been there in person and looked it over and offered 3k less, but it just wasnt possible in this case so I stupidly trusted someone.

I think most of us who has bought and restored older mopars have had semi similar situations or not.

I started doing basic body and prep work at 9, yes nine for a guy who restored tractors, I started painting at 15. I could of done better work then this at 20.

But at the end of the day if I dump another 2k in parts/paint and my labor ive just got another car I paid too much for, not the end of the world...... BUT all I asked and was expecting was square honest dealings and that didnt happen on the sellers end.

The real ironic part is since the title now shows so many transfers in a week the "net" says they call it a "hot potato" car, geee my screen name.

I love the part it was a dry hot environment car as it will never be outside in the elements from now on.

I can buy a brand new trans off ebay right now for $800 shipped, I can but a 20k motor for less then that.

Its a car I can still work on and it fits in with all my other factory orange cars.

But bottom line is... All I asked and was expecting was square honest dealings and that didnt happen on the sellers end. So hes got some well deserved grief coning one way or another. Hes the one who pushed the carfax report over and over.

I found this on one of my states attorneys sites...

When you sue a car dealership for failing to provide appropriate history or misrepresenting the condition and/or the status of the title you would be entitled to triple damages plus attorney’s fees if you are successful in front of a judge or jury.

This should be interesting.

Last edited by Mr. Potatohead; 09/07/20 01:50 PM.

STOP POTATO HATE!