Not specifically, but I have been in there on both sides chasing an oil leak, doing brakes, etc. and didn't notice anything. Wheels all bolt up nicely and everything spins nicely with no inappropriate drag or anything.

That reminds me though, when I put the 3.55 R&P in (dropping from a 3.91 may have been the event that made me realize I had grown older), I had a shop machine the SG cones, replace the bearings in the chunk and outer axles. One of my axles suffered a shop accident and the guy got me a proper length/spline, etc. axle of unknown provenance.

The way it worked out, the other axle was installed and I just took the guy's word that the provided one would work, I just picked it up after work one evening, slammed it home, set the endplay and went driving. I've never looked at the axles side by side thinking about it. I suppose some are heavier than others too. How much bend would an axle need to cause a problem? I did sight it and eyeball the splines before I had him put the bearing on. Also, would excessively worn axle or carrier splines cause such a vibration?

A further detail I neglected to provide, the vibration seems to be in the front end. The front clip does a dance in the worst of the vibration.

Last edited by BcudaChris; 08/31/20 05:25 PM. Reason: add detail