The best Chrysler ECUs I ever had.... were the USA MP chrome box with black heat sink, and the standard motor products stock replacement chrome box.
I did have one orange box that worked really well, I used it until it became a rust ball but it refused to die.
All those are still in a box somewhere, as they aren't really worth anything to anyone but could be used in an emergency.
The others I've had that worked all went into cars that were sold off at some point.

I had about a half dozen orange boxes that were garbage, or failed within a few months. None of those even lasted a year in daily driving.
I had one that caused the engine to stall in exactly the same spot, every day on the way home from work.
Every diagnosis known to man was done, no problems found. Swap the box: fixed. Ridiculous.
Now: I wish I had saved a junk one, to hide an HEI module inside.

I had two brand new untested usa orange ecus.... somebody just had to have them, so I sold them as-is/at your own risk.

My take on it is, the vendor cheapened up the product until it was no good anymore. As someone who scrounged up the prints for the old
Direct Connection ECUs, put them on my desk and read them....I can tell you MP had very little say in their demise
except either 1. keep the products 2. kill the products. Eventually they were killed off.

You can blame MP for them being junk if you want to, with the rationale "they made it to MP's specs!". That's also what I would think, if I was on the outside.
But: If you knew exactly what MP's specs did, and (especially) did not consist of back then....you'd probably see what I mean.

I did have a small amount of input on the Gold Box being killed off, but that happened long before the other two.

For me, it's HEI module/Ford TFI coil for low buck upgrades, msd for street/strip.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri