Hi all. Looking for some ideas, tech and info for the 8 3/4 rearend. I was thinking the race section would be a good section to ask than the Pro-Tour section as this question is more for strength and durability then handling. I have a 1970 Barracuda and will eventually be putting an Indy headed 440 I traded for as a swap engine. It's speced for high horse power and figured the rearend in it will not survive due to my 'aggressive' driving style (also making very bad noises already). Though my car will be mostly a street car, I will try for a few times at a straight line drag and eventually Willow Springs Raceway. Currently I have a 1969 b-body housing I plan to use with 'Cass' Doctor Diff inboard kit with Hotchkis springs and Viking shocks. I don't have a welder to make a back brace, but I was thinking of improving the internals. Doctor Diff offers a new 3rd member case with his Helical Gear Sure-Grip ("Sure-Trac") that would work well and looks like the strongest option without going to a spool. Looking for axles, bearing, gears and WILWOOD brake options for this. I do not want to go to a DANA 60 due to weight, noise and price (out the door prices have put them at over $3.k before shipping).Rear tires will be larger than the 295/50R15 Cooper Cobra's I currently have on it, but like the profile to be low for driving and looking for a radio around 3:23/3:55. Any help/info would be appreciated.

Last edited by migsBIG; 07/20/20 09:32 PM.