Originally Posted by 69w2swinger
my thoughts were r3...procharger...this is why im asking for some insight ... yes i know $$$.....i see gen3 producing some good power but do they hold up?

The gen III/LS stuff is all the rage, but you can do it with a small block. I doubt you will find a block, unless you already have it. I’d avoid buying a used block unless you can sonic test it and measure it up before you buy. And whatever block you buy, don’t expect it to be ready to run. They ALL need machine work.

Look into a Ritter block. They may not be perfect out of the box, but none of them are. Make sure you get it with 48 degree lifter bank angle. The 59 degree stuff is a PITA.

FWIW, a turbo makes power differently than say a roots blower. The ProCharger is very similar to a turbo, so they are inherently easier on parts. I know the LS is weak at the number 3 main bearing and the gen III has its issues as well. None of this stuff is perfect.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston