Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
The 340 and 360 intake ports on the heads and intake manifold are larger than the 318 heads and intake ports which will cause reversion

That is really a non-issue except in a max effort engine build and you wouldn't being doing that to a 318 anyway. I don't know why people keep bringing that old chestnut up, got any dyno pulls to prove it is an issue?
Dude, do you know what your talking about?
The early 273/318 heads had a lot smaller intake port than the 1968 to 1974 340 and 360 heads had, a lot smaller scope
I'm not sure what year Mopar started offering the 318 motors with the smaller 318 heads and then the larger 360 smog heads with cast iron intakes made for those specific heads with a Thermoquad carb., maybe 1976 or 1978 era confused
I have made the mistake of putting a stock cast iron 1968 340 AVS intake on a near stock 318 motor with a bigger cam and stock heads, talk about reversion and harm to the throttle response, that motor had it down whiney
As far as how many dyno pulls and test sessions I've have been involved with on legal SB Mopar V8 NHRA stocker motors it is over hundred so far, how about you?

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)