I'm sure someone on here can help me with a question I have before I make another purchase of a wrong part. work

I have a stock 318-2V in my 1969 Satellite that I am going to swap out for a 4V set up. The existing 2V carb is shot, but instead of spending time & money on the 2V for a motor that I had planned to have rebuilt next year, I figured I would put the new 4V on now to drive the car this summer. I've gathered the parts I needed, or so I thought, but when I finally went to dig into the project I discovered that the carb I bought a couple of years ago doesn't fit the intake I bought. eyes

The carb is a brand new, 500 cfm, Carter AFB 9511 that was still in the plastic wrap inside the box & the intake manifold is a stock, Chrysler cast iron piece for a 340, from 1972-73 I believe. I don't have the casting number handy but the intake manifold has the wider gap between the two front primaries for a Theromquad carb. The Carter AFB I have is much smaller & the throttle plates are closer together so they hit the intake manifold.

I see that the older 340 intakes have the front openings closer together. Will the Carter AFB 9511 I have fit this intake?

(see photo)

Would it be better to hunt for & use an intake for a 1966-67 273-4V?

I really don't want to drop $350 or more on a new carb that will fit the 340 intake I have. It seems that replacing the intake is a much cheaper alternative. I'd consider a spacer/adapter, but then I get into height issues & don't want to have to rig linkages or end up with hood clearance problems.

Thanks. beer

Intake Compare 05.jpg