most of the guys pooh poohing the 302 heads have never run the 302 heads. You can take that advice if you want to.

I don't generally get too wild with my 318's, especially if the wife wants to be able to just jump in it and go. So the stock 340 cam, or a close equivalent, is about as crazy as I get there. Put one in my 87 roller 318 and it was a nice improvement. Your 302 heads are fresh and done, just run them.

Since you want to keep the RV 2, the only non-stock 4bbl intake I know of that fits the RV2 and has the mounting boss for the brace is the Performer, which you already have. Run it.

Ran the MP electronic ignition kit in it as well.

I pretty much ran the combo above with an Edelbrock 1406 carb for about 100k miles and it was nice, mid 20's mpg if I drove reasonable (2.94 Sg rear, A833 trans, P255/60r15 rear tires, 87 Diplomat). Tried it with a 1407 and while the top speed went up the MPG went down. I went back to the smaller carb and this was my daily driver 75 miles each way to work, 5 days a week plus I taught my daughter to drive with it.

Nice balanced package with more fun but not temperamental at all.