Thanks for the input, Doggs, I moved around a bunch of the relays in the distribution block. I took a look at them as well before reinstalling them in the different positions. I saw a small amount of corrosion on one and I used some sand paper to clean it up, which I put that one in at the wipers location. I did pull the bigger relay on the side of the box and it looked OK.

I've tried to start it in every gear location and still didn't get it to fire. With the shift cable now "messed up", I can get it to go from PARK to DRIVE, but cannot go back to PARK unless I get underneath and move the lever by hand. I am going to spray the nut again with some more WD40 that the shaft that goes in the transmission through the neutral safety switch. Until I get that nut off, I can't get the neutral safety switch off. I even tried to remove the plug briefly but couldn't get a good angle on it. It is pretty crusty there so I am hoping that the oil will get it to unstick.

If I can get the plug of the safety switch, once the new one arrives, I can plug that one into the connector and see if it starts. If not, then Ill go back to the relays. I do have a voltmeter. I didn't know about the neutral safety switch the first time around or I might have saw its condition plus the broken plastic end on the gear selector cable.

I will report back when I get the new parts. Thanks all and keep the ideas coming....