Update..... I checked the starter by running a wire to the relay from the battery, the starter turns over. So I then checked out the neutral safety switch on the transmission. Just looking at it I am thinking this is part of the problem. I tried to take it off the transmission and was unable to remove the main nut that holds it onto the shaft of the transmission, so it is soaking in WD40.

I might have also broke something..while I was trying to get the nut off using a socket, the shaft turned (while it was supposed to be in PARK) and now using the gear selector in the cabin, it won't return back to PARK. The plastic end of the selector cable was broken in two, leaving a very weird angle between the end on the shaft and where the cable is held prior to exiting the sleeve". I think the pivot ends have rusted up causing it not to be able to turn, therefore breaking the plastic tube that runs over the cable to the metal end. I am hoping that a new selector cable will allow it to work properly again, so I ordered one.

I am fairly certain that since things are crusty under there that the neutral safety switch is not aligning correctly to allow it to start. I am sure I will need a new one so I have that on order as well.

Last edited by roadrunninMark; 06/02/20 02:07 PM. Reason: clean up