Originally Posted by Diplomat360
Cab_Burge,

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
...correct spring pressure and oil the spring good enough, full time oiling...Harland Sharp full roller rocker arms...I have all my BB solid roller cam #4 cam journal groove so it oils the rockers full time up I had to learn that the block will need a .040 to .060 size oil restrictor in the feed to the rocker shafts also to not flood the top end and or make the oil level in the oil pan to low for racing, depending on how big your oil pan is, stock or after market.
IHTHs

So I've gotta ask b/c I'm struggling with the spring oiling aspect on my SB W2 setup.

I purchased the 1.6 ratio rockers from HS. When they came in I noticed a lack of an oil-feed/spray passage from the rocker to the spring, my thinking being: cool them things down with oil!

Well, I called HS and the gentlemen I spoke with said "no worries, there is plenty enough splash lubrication there", OK, but in my setup I'm talking a street/trip ride, so hardly a limitted and feverish 1/4 mile pass at a time.

He acknowledged my point, but said that after thousands of sets sold he hasn't had any problems with them even in regulat street use. In fact he advised that I may have to consider restricting the oil feed given that these are roller rockers (shaft section) and too much oil here just turns into a wide-open leak. The person I spoke with was Chris I think, but I'm not 100% certain, he was super nice and gave me all the time I needed to just come to grips with this setup. Still, some time later as I'm finally starting the motor assembly I am worried about this.

As we prepped my W2 heads we actually put in a thread on the oil-feed passage from the block so that I can easily toss in a restrictor into this spot (if need be) w/o having to take anything else apart.

So in your config, given that you already use a restrictor, how exactly are you getting a reasonable amount of full-time oil feed to the springs?

I'm not expecting a steady oil gush over these things, but w/o some sort of feed passage pointing at them how will they get any oil?

I run HS rockers on W2s on a street engine with a .650ish lift solid roller and a comp endurance spring. I haven't had any issues with springs in the 5 or 6 thousand miles it has been together. My cam is grooved so it oils full time with no restriction. Just FYI.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340