Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
Almost all the cams and lifters I sell go straight to the customer, so I never see them....... hence, “I” don’t test them.

On the rare occasion it’s something I put together myself, and the even rarer occasion that I’m putting something together with hyd lifters........ I actually don’t follow the manufacturers instructions.
I pump oil into the lifters through the oil feed hole in the side, and then check to see that they are pumped up hard before installing them into the motor.
I just let the valve springs bleed them back down.

I can’t even remember what the last hyd cammed motor I put together myself was.
I bet it’s been over 10 years.

I hardly do any assembly work anymore.
The last bit of that I did was last year....... where I actually took out a hyd cam and replaced it with a SFT.

I would have loved to put the solid roller I had in it but by the time I bought the stud kit, rockers, pushrods, and lifters I would have been in way too deep for a mountain climbing truck. It isn't a race car or even any kind of competition truck so it doesn't make sense to spend that kind of money on it.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost coming soon!
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.