So over the weekend i was able to get the steering column and dash structure installed. The knuckle that came with the magnum has a weird bend in it and it was hitting the starter, so had to use the one from the challenger. The downside is the challenger one was a little bit smaller, so we heated it with a torch and drove it on with a hammer. Ill put up a pick when i get home later. I was also able to lay out and get the wiring harnesses from the challenger roughly where I wanted them to be.

I then made an attempt to start the engine, however the car just cycles from off to acc to run without making an attempt to start. The gauges of course says to press the brake pedal and press the start button. Acts like the pedal is not pressed, and as of now the sensor for it is plugged in and left open, and I confirmed it was sending signal down the wire to the abs controller. I went through the car, and used a test light to test all of the grounds, however ill be the first to admit there are a lot and that is a big harness. I have a new scan tool coming in today so i can read the abs codes and make sure its sound, and getting the signal from the pedal sensor. We used a wire and jumpered the starter relay and it cranks but no bang. I assume the computer is not telling the injectors and spark plugs to fire. Later today I will call the Cleveland PaP guys and they are going to T/S with me on the phone see if we cant get it started.

I was also able to start making a bracket to mount the power steering pump got a few more pieces to cut and weld on it. Im sure it wont look pretty, but it will function. Can always re make some of the stuff later when I get a little better skilled. Gotta keep moving or ill let the project sit for too long.

As to the charger front end i looked at it, and may end up with it, as the fenders and grill are not in great shape. However I kinda like the magnum from end it looks good. Maybe just get a new one thats clean. I already have a fiberglass hood but im not sure i like the look. I do plan on getting rid of the back side windows and once i get the cage in i will get rid of the back doors too. Make it look like an old school panel van. I have been back and fort on either using some sheet metal to replace the glass, or using lexan making it flush and painting it. Id guess the lexan may be lighter, and it does not require me to weld something poorly.

Ill get the progress pics uploaded later and in the mean time if anyone has ideas on the starting issue fill free to school me.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by lenogris; 06/01/20 07:29 PM.