Originally Posted by B1MAXX
I am surprised how soft it leaves , all the electric car supporters say that an electric motors are different from internal combustion in the way that they make peak torque at 0 rpm, and that they accelerate faster than internal combustion.

The torque is flat and constant from what I understand, but cars like Teslas are programmed to leave without spinning, not sure if they did something similar with the dragster. But it is interesting because you do always hear about the MASSIVE TORK (like the diesel guys). If you look at the 1/4 mile times turned in by most of the electric cars the trap speed is usually in line with a car .5-1 seconds slower than the ET they run.

I'm with the guys that posted so far, I just have no interest in it. Que the guys to tell us that we're naysayers, laggards, won't get with the times, should face the facts, embrace the future, how great and fast electric cars are, etc. I'll save them time - yes we're laggards, we are in a RACE forum for cars that are 55 years old, when internal combustion engines hit the 200 MPH barrier. (not meant to beat up the original poster, it is interesting to know so thanks for posting)

Last edited by GTX MATT; 05/17/20 11:02 AM.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street