Originally Posted by gzig5
Originally Posted by B1MAXX
I am surprised how soft it leaves , all the electric car supporters say that an electric motors are different from internal combustion in the way that they make peak torque at 0 rpm, and that they accelerate faster than internal combustion.

The beauty of the electric systems is that you can tune the torque output at any point of the acceleration curve within the limits of the torque/speed curve of the motor/drive combination. Active wheel sensors could determine slip at 1000 cycles per second and torque can be modulated almost instantly to maximize efficiency and acceleration. The technology has existed for decades but this is a new application space.

So are you saying they could make it faster but they are holding it back? Yet they are trying to set a record.
The whole thing looks pretty lame to me. My buddy has a rail that when it leaves will lift 1 tire off the ground. And its just a bracket car.

Not to mention how much it probably weighs, and how long they would need to recharge, between rounds.