Are sure that alternator is going to fit in between the K frame and the motor plate? It looks like it might be too big to fit.
-----------
I know for sure it's a little further from the K frame than the oil filter is, on the opposite side. From studying other vehicles I know it's a little further from the K frame than the Mike Doty bracket with a much larger GM alternator on an E body. Tape measure looks good, using the B engine in the car as datum. I'll find out during mockup if I got it wrong and make whatever adjustments are needed, in case I overlooked something.
-------------
If you are going to be testing different intake manifolds and carb combinations then you might as well make your fuel supply setup in the engine compartment really flexible. Same with the wiring and stuff like that.
---------------
That's the idea. Flexible and easy as possible. It's been that way since the '90s, I just intend to move things around, integrate it all better and make it look like it belongs, and make it easier to work on at the same time.
---------------
That is another reason why I wouldn't worry too much about cosmetic details since if you are going to be swapping parts around a lot of little nicks and dings happen. Not to mentions drilling some holes here or there.
--------------
I get that, but it's not really the details I'm chasing, it's more the big picture. You haven't seen the hole in the top of the RF fender that I can almost put my fist through, or seen the old repair from the '70s to the cowl that has now failed and cracked, and stuff like that. You'd understand if you got a close look. It's quite a long way from patina and needs attention.
-------------
I have no idea where you'll end up for a carb and manifold combo that work on that engine. 572 inches is a little past my experience. The numbers say you'll need a Dominator for WOT but I'm not so sure I'd want to live with a Dominator on a street car. If it was me I'd sell all the carbs and switch to EFI now but I don't think that is where you're at yet. A dual Sniper setup on a Stage V intake would probably be just about ideal for street driving and WOT use.
-------------
Right, EFI is cool and all, but not for me right now, maybe later.

I can probably drop most concerns of having too large a carburetor, now the issue will be 'what is enough'?

I have one 1.450 venturi/1 and 3/4 baseplate "950".
I could potentially get another matching one and put those on the tunnel ram.

The Edelbrock single plane 2x4 looks to be worthy. Chuck told me that intake and two
750 Edelbrocks runs really good on a street 572 so I have been looking at those ever since. That's probably the best one for hood clearance/stock height. Might try that later.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri