Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by ZIPPY
Good morning Ladies and Germs.....

Today, for your viewing pleasure.....

I give you the Covid-572: Pandhemi.

Born on 4-26-20

(Painted and all that sometime afterward whenever it was I got around to it)

Not really. I'm not too into the process of "naming everything" like that but maybe this name will stick?
Ah, who knows.

Been a fun project.

Looks good. Do the pulleys all line up at this point or do you need to move the alternator out to line up with the water pump? Looks like you have the correct throttle bracket and return setup, you'll need a long throttle cable to reach up to that intake! The coil mount location looks good. What else do you need to sort out before it is ready to go into the car? Is the fuel system ready for that engine? Where will the adjuster strap for the alternator go? Over to the engine or run it the other way to the frame?

Hey thanks. Adjuster strap will go down to the K member (Weld a small 3/8 ID tube, run a bolt through it and attach the strap). The alternator fits well but the bracket should be 1.040" thicker for it to line up, so I made a spacer to use in that location + drilled the tapped hole on the bracket out for 3/8" through bolt so I could use both "ears" on the alternator. I got the pulleys to line up within 1/32" using the motor plate as a datum line, after a little lathe work. Hopefully the motor plate isn't too difficult to live with for limited street use...I will find out.

I do need to repair or replace that Demon carb shown in the pic, as somehow I managed to warp the secondary metering block a couple years ago. Will probably buy a pair of replacements from BLP. Picked up a QFT 950 and have been using that for awhile....but it is too small for even the 451 per track testing, so I don't want to use it on the 572 unless I swap the main body for something larger (I actually have one on the shelf I forgot I had, and might go down that road).

I have a pretty overkill fuel system, 250gph pump, it's older, need to test it and make it all fit the car a little better than it does currently. The car itself needs more prep than anything else at this point. I do want to replace and repair some sheetmetal and have started doing some of that while waiting for engine parts.

This is a baby step forward towards the RBRE/MP single plane and/or the tunnel ram later on.
I know I need to experiment a little or I'll get bored.

572r.jpg

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri