If a persons city or county would not be a road block a person could do alot with an acre or two.

A person could buy or hatch there own chicks, I hatch alot of mine and end up with alot of roosters, but whey they are old enough they are still meat. Last time I did roosters I did 25 in an afternoon, not alot of fun though.

Back to what the op posted about, maybe with all the money the gov gives farmers some may figure it might just be cheaper to buy from others, long before the big exports and gov. handouts we still did well but so that tells me the farming industry has been messed up since the 80=s if one cant make it on there own. This new stuff is just adding to an old pile.

I left and went to the military, college and some other things and returned to farming and I think the average age of the American Farmer is near 70? And boy do most live way behind the curve, farmers, heck white people in general need to step up or get left behind vs complaining.

I did not grow up here, god help the gene pool, id not like to think my small area was as behind and stuck in the bowl haircut, nuclear family days like most still are around here.

Im not happy to write this and sound neg. about things, I love where I live and my community, good honest people but dam, so far lagging in so many ways.

I dont live large, id bet my one farmhouse is worth less then a new fully loaded dodge diesel, but no debt, a shop full of mopars and most importantly im happy.

This was less then a month ago.

DSC08460.JPG

STOP POTATO HATE!