Quote:

This is why people do not want to share ideas.

Instead of making some suggestions on how it can be improved and working together to create a comprehensive detailed how to section, you instead criticize the effort. We all have shop manuals, so I guess we do not need a board like this ... right. It's all in manual. The answer to everyone's questions should always be "check the manual".

I did the best I could with the tools I have and I'm very happy with it. Just so you know, after I was 100% done with it and had taken the pictures, I took it completely apart to double checked everything and make sure it all worked. I suggest you take the time to do it the way you feel it should be done and post the how to.

I am more than willing to learn other ways to do it. But at the time I needed to restore my column there wasn't any other how to's sites.

If it is consensus of this site... I can take it down. Doesn't really matter to me... I'm done with my column, it works great and I was only trying to help others with theirs. I wasn't looking to piss anyone off.

You sure didn't piss me off. But if you want a suggestion, why don't you post on the website the results of your beating in the bearing.

The old bearing makes a great piece to beat on to get the new bearing in place. It can be tough to get it off though

Even though you read the manuals and decided your way was better it is rather odd that you make no mention that you started with a 1 piece steering shaft and ended up with 2. I guess it isn't important that someone following you instructions also breaks theirs. The unfortunate part is when this happens they may fix it using a steel pin turning a designed to break part into an impaling spear. I am all for good usefull information but have a problem when the real results are hidden.