Under the dash I can see a couple of splices. Going to have to decide how to proceed on this. Could just replace the bulkhead connector and check each terminal as I go and repair where needed, or go for replacing the under dash harness. I normally work on B-Bodies where there is room to work, not sure how easy this will be on an E-Body.

I also noticed the run position on the key is sloppy, several degrees of slop on the return from the start position. Given the sloppy connector and splices in the harness I will replace the starter switch in the column.

I don’t mind all the harness work, but it is less fun to be sure!

Overall this is a really, really, nice car inside, underneath and throughout. But it was restored twenty years ago, and driven 37 miles since 2012. It has been amazing how the rubber suspension parts have turned to soft goo, etc. New tires, various new suspension parts including the leaf springs which were original and had taken a pretty lazy set (I used Eaton Spring with a +1 inch setting, came out great, swapped the part number stamp leafs). The water pump seal was practically none existent, the radiator hoses were both leaking. The brake booster had turned to granite, MC leaked internally. Has been unusual getting this back to being a reliable ride, though fun. I drove it more in test this past weekend, about 40 miles, than miles it saw in a decade....knowing that I would have a new list of things to do when done. Well, I certainly got it.

'69 Hemi Charger 500, ‘70 U code Challenger R/T
(These and a bunch others at www.dkowal426.com)

P.J. O'Rouke: "The old car ran perfectly, right up until it didn't."