Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
Originally Posted by bigdad
( knocks on wood )

I have had state farm for many years and up to this point , they have always been very good to me .. priced others and its always within just a few dollars

hope I never need them again luck

From work that I've done for insurance companies State Farm ranks as one of the slowest and cheapest companies of all. I'm not impressed.

They move at the speed of molasses. In fact, during the whole COVID-19 thing, they've had to lay people off (with pay, which is admirable) because they lacked the technology, infrastructure, and know-how to create the ability to work virtually on a large scale. Some of their folks who SF did manage to get set up virtually have limited capability, too. Meanwhile, our company went from our usual 6,000 member virtual workforce (including me), to having over 40,000 people working virtually, in the span of 3 weeks. That includes acquiring and configuring the necessary hardware, changing our IT capacity (networks, VPN, etc) to handle the increase, etc. 34,000 additional people in 3 weeks.

Just one more example of how they went from 34% of the market to 16%, with no end to the decline in sight.

Earning every penny of that moderator paycheck.

DBAP