Originally Posted by Runner2go

As to pulling people over to fine them for quarantine violations, using speeding & window tint as an excuse... flame
They are exposing themselves and everyone they pull over, to significantly higher risk than leaving them alone.
If they actually cared about "health" over $$... they would stage themselves at stores where people show up with the whole family.

In the link you posted the lawyer asserted that the cop has no right to ask where you're going or why you're going there. The conclusion I jump to from that is they have no legal authority to stand in front of wal mart and ask what you're shopping for. The catch being the bit about allowable travel under the current stay at home order and some implied right to question you about it. As for the ol yer tail light is out thing, nothing new about that. As the lawyer points out they need a reason to pull you over and a blown bulb is as good as any. It's also tough to argue in front of the judge unless ya can get them to produce the dash cam footage.

As for "bash the cops threads", hey sometimes they earn a bashing. A few winters back a couple people traded paint in front of me on a snow covered road. One turned around a took off, the other one took a picture of my licence plate as I drove by. Had a statie knock on my door and hassle me about it threatening a hit and run ticket. Ok, routine investigation but where does he get the stones to call me liar when I said it wasn't me? How is the word of the clown that caused the accident more reliable than mine? Why are you still talking to me after we walked around my truck and you couldn't find one scratch? Yes, the conversation did end with a ticket.