PA Police Chief's must have gotten the March revenue numbers yesterday, & sent the boys out today to make up for it. stirthepot

Had to make a trip out to pick up our car from the shop, and cops were EVERYWHERE.
Saw 3 of our local cops as we left (I think we only have 3, total)... Noticed an unmarked cop car sitting at the far side of the eastbound rt30 overpass ramp(by the downramp) at Wrightsville PA. Then when we crossed over the river saw 2 more in Columbia, and 2 on prospect rd heading towards Mount Joy and then 2 more as we pulled into the dealer in Mount Joy. Then on the way home we passed all those local cops again, still staged along the local roads... When we got back onto 30 heading back to York, we saw what that cop on the bridge was doing... he was using hand held radar... from the driver seat... across the passenger seat out the passenger window at west bound traffic an easy 200yds away on a hard angle as they crest the hill. I've seen them on top of that bridge shooting straight down the west bound lane... but never from the east bound down ramp across the ramp median, west bound lanes,.. 100+ ft center median at the far lane traffic. Never knew radar was even accurate at that steep of an angle... let alone the distance.

Anyway... I knew he was up there, so I was probably the only one going anywhere near the speed limit of 55 when I hit the top of the hill. (Normal flow is 65, and when traveling that speed you will get passed by cops on most days) When I got on the west side of the overpass it looked like Christmas.... 6 State Cops with people pulled over along the road, and 2 more waiting on the down ramp... No idea if any were returning back on the east bound side for another go... as I wasn't looking across the wide median to the left while passing all the cars pulled over on the right hand side...

From time to time the State cops have set up traps there before.... maybe once every few years... but I've never seen more than 4 chase cars and 1 spotter before at that location.... or for that matter any of the other spots they target along 30.

Odd that they figure now is the time set up the biggest speed trap in the history of our tiny town along route 30.
But it is one of the few spots on 30 that's at the top of a hill, that easily hides flashing lights from pulled over cars out of view.
In other words... and easy $$$ generation spot, when times get tough.

The few major accidents that have happened along that section have been on the other side, heading down the hill.
But they clearly weren't targeting that... they were on the uphill $$ side.

So if you happen to live in the Lanc-York area... keep your eyes open & make sure you slow down today. scope

1966 383, 4-sp Charger 38yrs
1970 440+6, 4-sp Road Runner 36yrs
1974 360, auto Challenger 25yrs,in Family 41yrs
2003 Ram 2500 QCLB 4x4 Cummins HO
2010 5.7L R/T 6sp Challenger - Mopar10
2018 392 Daytona Charger