Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda

Speaking of PA., just read this earlier today:

PA State Police ticket woman for driving
She went for a drive just to get out of the house. Did not go to a store or was with anyone

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/0...me-order.htmlA 19-year-old York County woman went out for a drive just to get out of the house for awhile on Sunday evening and was circling her way back home when she was stopped by two state police cars.

They cited her for violatingGov. Tom Wolf’s stay-at-home order that took effect in York County two days before.

Anita Shaffer is now faced with what appears to be a ticket of at least $202.25 for breaking the state’s Disease Control and Prevention Act of 1955. She pleaded not guilty and intends to take up the matter before a magisterial district judge.

The citation fails to mention a fine amount but Trooper Brent Miller said it is a summary offense and the fine would be $25, which would bring the total cost of the ticket up to $227.25.

Shaffer said she saw the police cars parked in Yoe. After passing them, the police started following her until they pulled her over in Red Lion. One of the troopers said they stopped her because her taillight was out, she said. The trooper also mentioned that her window tinting was too dark, she said.

She said the troopers also asked her if she was under the influence or on drugs. She told them she wasn’t but she said she was still told to step out of her car and troopers shined a flashlight in her eyes. Then the trooper told her to return to her car.

“He asked me if I was aware of the stay-at-home act,” she said. She responded: “I am aware of it but I didn’t know it pertained to just driving.”

The trooper told her he wasn’t going to fine her for the window tint or taillight "but you should be at home during this act that’s in place right now and just get the taillight fixed,” Shaffer said. Once she got home, she and her father Neil Shaffer said they discovered the taillight was working fine.

Shaffer said she was alone in her car and had no intention of getting out of it.

On the citation, it states she “failed to abide by the order of the governor and secretary of health issued to control the spread of a communicable disease, requiring the closure of all non-life-sustaining businesses as of 20:00 hours on March 19, 2020. To wit, defendant states that she was ‘going for a drive’ after this violation was in effect.”

While the governor’s stay-at-home order is mandatory, state police spokesman Ryan Tarkowski said voluntary compliance is preferred and is what the state police are focusing on.

“Troopers have been encouraged to use contacts with the public as opportunities to reinforce the necessity to abide by stay-at-home orders,” he said.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Then read this: https://pjmedia.com/trending/rebell...sked-for-your-papers-says-maine-sheriff/

This is a case for the ACLU to jump on. She was inside her personal property doing personal things. This type of case has been taken to court before when a person was doing a self PLEASURE act inside a car while driving. The case was won by the man that took matters in hand.

Retired, US ARMY 1973-1994
ASE mechanic, Electrical 1994-1997
Retired GTE/VERIZON/FRONTIER 1997-2015

Posting cheap tech help (CRAP) here since Nov 97, 1000's of posts, some may be good.

03 Suzuki Burgman 650(Burger King) Scooter
65 Formula S Cuda
78 Little Red Express Truck
98 Buick Regal (wifes car)