I use the Quick Fuel tester kit which uses water and E85 mix together in a glass vial with a screw on hard plastic lid, the lid was on tight for every test. up
I shake each test batch up a lot which makes the mix turn milky looking and no visual separation for several minutes, hence me calling Quick Fuel to see if there was a minimum time to let it sit before reading the results. I'm going to let all my future tests sit at least 5 minute before reading the results due to not seeing a noticeable difference between sitting 2 to 5 minutes compare to sitting from 5 to 10 minutes work All the testing I've done this week remained milky for over 20 minutes but would clear up over night and read differently after sitting that long shruggy
This last batch of mixing has me really concern on what I'm doing wrong on the mixing confused
What I have notice when adding the additional E98 to the pump E85 I bought this year is the .030 to .060 thick milky looking stuff on the top of the mixture now work I have not seen that until this year, I think the Lucas E85 stabilizer may be causing that work
I had notice before using the stabilizer that the fuel sitting in the jugs in the car trailer park outside for the winter would change from E85 to E86+ up to E88%, not so this year with the stabilizer in those jugs work shruggy
Now all the fuel is testing to be 85% after sitting over night in the test vial, I am going to retest all five jugs again over night they way they are now before adding any more stabilizer to them to make sure of how they read now before adding any more Lucas stabilzer to all of them for this year. I'll mark each jug again so I can keep track of the over night test results up
I'll post those results next week wrench

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 04/02/20 11:19 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)