Originally Posted by 62maxwgn
,All front and rear plates are either # 199 or # 226,big block,the # 199 is big block only and has a smaller hole than the # 226,small block is # 226. The # 199 plate was used as replacement due to supposedly sticking # 226 in early production but not sure of when the change was made,most all I get in have the #226 plate.I have all the original Chrysler engineering,installation,specifications and adjustment procedures from 1970,I'll go through it when I get a chance and possibly clear things up a bit. If you don't have and can find one of these Holey manuals buy it,you'll never need to second guess anything,it's all in there. up

.Below is metering block application and blades,no exceptions .

# 6170 69 1/2 A12 225 throttle blade
# 6020 70/71 440-6 222 throttle blade
# 6610 70 AAR/TA 222 throttle blade

It looks like holley still sells the book. Are you telling me that it includes part numbers, or does it have the actual measured sizes for the restrictions like high speed bleeds, idle air bleeds, throttle plate holes, metering plate holes. I will buy it if all restrictions are listed. I can tell you for sure the 4375 I bought from direct connection in the 80s had 225 blades, and a 6020 metering block. We know as fact the current over the counter #34-35 metering plates have the wrong size restrictions. Holley did not always get everything right. As for the OP... we know he needs more gas at idle, as plugging the idle bleeds makes it quit dieing, I think he needs more idle air also to get the center blades closed, but I ain't standing there to see how far they are open, with that cam quite a bit I would bet.