Originally Posted by 62maxwgn
Originally Posted by 4406bbl
Originally Posted by Tom Kim
I am still waiting for the replacement metering block to arrive. I guess with this coronavirus thing going on its causing havoc with shipping . It says 27th, I should receive.

Couple things i did try while waiting,
I put in a new set of jets on the center metering block. I had a spare 65 jets and drilled out to .075. I did not make much of dofference. I did notice and can here fuel leaking into the manifold when i turn off the engine which told me fuel float level was too high. Adjusted that and it seems to run bit better and didnt rabbit.

I also did advance timing 20°helped a little. it holds steady rpm while no load, however on a road test it cuts out when coming to a stop again.

Running out of options.

You ain't even close to being out of options, you have barely started. You will never need more than .065 main jet on a center carb, a bigger main jet has almost zero effect on the idle. Until you get it to idle with the center throttle blades closed, you will have problems. I hope the new metering plate has bigger idle restrictions, or it will make no difference. I explained earlier how to do this.

And one little note for reference,the only center car throttle blade with hole is the 225,used in the 69 1/2 carbs only,all others used the 222 blade,no hole..

Looked thru all my extra junk, you got me on the center throttle plates....almost ....2 of my 1970 sets have 225, 2 have 222s. All are 4375 list, It appears that if it had holes 225s it got a 6170 metering block, 222s 6020 metering block. All 4 sets have the same idle air bleed.068 same high speed bleeds.028, same pvcr .046. The only thing I see is that the no hole carbs have the curb idle screw turned in 2-3 turns more, blades are open more. Anyway, never looked at them all side by side, learn something new. I have no 69-1/2 carbs, what # rear throttle plate do they use, and what size hole is in them?