Originally Posted by I_bleed_MOPAR
Originally Posted by jcc
So a mask is supposed to trap the COVID virus when a wearer breathes in, to protect the wearer, but the same virus ( that survives 24 hrs on cardboard?) is assumed to not be blown back into the face of the next patient when the wearer exhales? eyes

It's my understanding that the virus is transmitted in water droplets which are trapped in the mask. Transmission by touch is where you touch a surface that has been sneezed, coughed, whatever, on and then touch your eyes, nose, or mouth hence the wash your hands often protocol. shruggy Seems to me also that it would be easy enough to sanitize a mask but I am not a doctor nor do I play one on tv. wink grin Daughter comes in exhausted (on top of which she is 6 1/2 mos. pregnant) so I try not to quiz her too much about work. I did ask if they had gotten better on their supplies and she said they have to draw a mask from a supply room now by showing their ID and were still limited to one mask. One good thing is that she is a CT tech and has less contact with people in the ER waiting area. Her biggest complaint mirrors the news in that it's clogged up with people simply wanting to be tested and not exhibiting any symptoms. frown

I dont even see why they are testing people for it at this time.. there is no cure yet so why waste your resources
wave

Tim

Last edited by MR_P_BODY; 03/24/20 08:50 AM.