Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by Warhawk
Originally Posted by AndyF
I'd start with a 4.25 crank and Trick Flow 240 heads and go from there. Find a set of pistons that give you 9.50 to 10.0 for compression and then select rods that fit. I recommend a hyd roller cam for a street/strip type of engine, maybe something around 240@050. If you have the space I'd use a Trick Flow intake and then top it off with a Holley Sniper setup and a Holley Hyperspark distributor. An engine like that should make at least 600/600 for hp and torque and be very easy to drive on the street.

I have a copy of your book so dog-eared that I have to buy another. Best engine book I have read. I was also thinking of the Hyperspark and sniper. That would make a neat combination I think.

Thanks. If I updated that book today I would add a whole chapter on EFI and would highly recommend that everyone ditch their carbs and switch to a Sniper. I hate to see people spending $12,000 for a new 500 inch stroker engine and then wearing it out in a few thousand miles because their double pumper dumps so much extra fuel into the engine. I have an engine in the shop right now that was ruined by running rich. The customer said he only had 500 miles on it but it is wore out. He is switching to EFI.

I could not agree more. My business has become very busy now with the Sniper installs. My 512 is a totally different animal now with the Sniper and timing control.

68 Cuda Notchback [Email]10.86@120[/Email] 69 Charger R/T 440/505 2009 Challenger SRT8