Originally Posted by kingdragon
There's no doubt that there's some behind the scenes games being played. End of story.

Well we know they are moving into a new location. My guess is that they discontinued items directly to bypass the dealers and clear out excess inventory in a hurry. I’ve been reading several threads on this and they all blend together but apparently most dealers just act as middle men and direct ship straight from AMD. If they offered the sale through the dealers only, the dealers would tack on to increase profit, not warehouse the parts themselves, and the inventory would continue to sit. By “discontinuing” the parts, AMD can clear them out quickly. And since they have the tooling, there is nothing to stop them from doing another run at a later date.

I don’t think it’s the end of the world but some choices are surprising, like 68 Coronet and 72 Charger full quarters. But for all we know they may have 500 of each on hand from a second run of stampings. Again there is nothing to stop them from removing parts from the list once they get down to 50 units and keeping a very limited inventory. If you need it though and it’s on the list, you’d better buy it now.

Last edited by Montclaire; 02/29/20 01:42 PM.