Originally Posted by kingdragon
Originally Posted by chargervert
Originally Posted by kingdragon
Originally Posted by chargervert
AMD parts are made in Taiwan, not China. Overall the Mopar line of parts that they offer, has not been profitable for them. By not profitable, I mean the line as a whole has not covered the tooling costs. They offer the Mopar parts,because they are Mopar guys, and they knew that there were no decent aftermarket sheetmetal parts for Mopars. The profit that they make from selling the Ford and GM parts has afforded them the luxury of being able to make Mopar sheetmetal. So if there is something that they offer for your Mopar project, I advise you to order it while it is still being offered. I think that they deserve a big thanks from the Mopar world for stepping up and making the parts that have saved thousands of Mopars that would have been parts cars without the sheetmetal needed to save them. All that said, I personally remember how it was when there was little to no aftermarket parts for Mopars, and how difficult it was to build them back then. They are in business to make a profit, so items that do not sell well will be discontinued at some point, and the day will come that you will see parts like that being sold for prices like NOS parts are selling like now a days. So don't wait and think that it will always be as easy to get the parts they make at the click of a mouse!

Taiwan is China.
All this intellectual volleyball is all Bs if you ask me. 1970 71 A body quarter panels aren't big sellers? I don't think so. The tooling was already made, all the investment cost for already spent, and you can fit 1000 quarter panels without boxes in a 40' container. There's no doubt that there's some behind the scenes games being played. End of story.

Well you can always start your own company making reproduction sheetmetal metal for all our Mopars, and if you can do it cheaper, we will buy your products. Until that happens, AMD is the only company doing it, so I will buy their products. No one is going to pack 1000 unwrapped quarter panels in a container and ship it around the world on the high seas,they would be scrap metal by the time they arrived here! My friends and I just got a ten grand order in today, and are very pleased with the pieces we received. They all arrived in great condition, and the 71 Charger Ramcharger hood that I got today is nothing short of amazing! What a nice piece, and thanks go out to my friends Gary and Pam Bieneke for loaning their Ramcharger hood to AMD to make this part possible!

You made my case and point. Repro ramchager hood? You think they sell more of those then 70/71 Abody quarters?
You think they box these in China then ship them here?

They are shipped on racks,not 1000 pieces jambed into a container. The product is no good if it arrives damaged from the factory. As far as what AMD deems worthy of producing, and what sells and what doesn't, Mark ultimately has to make that call,like I said before if there is something that they offer now that you need for your car,get it sooner than later, because the day will come when they no longer offer the parts that you need. I am very pleased with the pieces I got yesterday, but I already know that they are going to fit correctly as I know that Gary meticulously test fitted the 71 Charger sheetmetal, until it was correct then it was released by AMD.

70 Charger R/T SE 472 Hemi 70 Charger R/T convertible 70 Charger R/T V Code Sixpack 69 Charger R/T SE Sunroofcar 68 Charger 383 68 Charger 318 71 Charger R/T 70 Challenger convertible 71 Challenger convertible 71 Cuda 340 09 Challenger R/T Classic