Originally Posted by chargervert
AMD parts are made in Taiwan, not China. Overall the Mopar line of parts that they offer, has not been profitable for them. By not profitable, I mean the line as a whole has not covered the tooling costs. They offer the Mopar parts,because they are Mopar guys, and they knew that there were no decent aftermarket sheetmetal parts for Mopars. The profit that they make from selling the Ford and GM parts has afforded them the luxury of being able to make Mopar sheetmetal. So if there is something that they offer for your Mopar project, I advise you to order it while it is still being offered. I think that they deserve a big thanks from the Mopar world for stepping up and making the parts that have saved thousands of Mopars that would have been parts cars without the sheetmetal needed to save them. All that said, I personally remember how it was when there was little to no aftermarket parts for Mopars, and how difficult it was to build them back then. They are in business to make a profit, so items that do not sell well will be discontinued at some point, and the day will come that you will see parts like that being sold for prices like NOS parts are selling like now a days. So don't wait and think that it will always be as easy to get the parts they make at the click of a mouse!

I think I understand your valid points, but isn't nearly all the investment in the initial stamping dies and working out that process?

The actual sheet metal and labor in Taiwan would seem to be relatively minor cost. Does it cost that much to do a one last run of any part?
Seems to me to be a missed business opportunity (profit?) if they marketed it properly, and this on and off and on again sale sure murkies the waters.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.