@jcc, the volume levels varies depending upon the part in which you are looking to have a run made. The manufacture will almost always have a minimum quantity that they are willing to deal with. If you exceed the minimum, there will generally be discounts above that pricing for exceeding the minimum amount. I know in some of the things that we have been involved with overseas, the number can vary depending upon the company doing the piece. For example, we wanted to do 300 of a particular oil pan, The minimum that they would do was 500. I have no clue on the minimums for a particular run for say a quarter panel, but I would guess at least 100 to 200 pair on the initial order and a reorder at 50 pair. That is the issue with any new product brought to the market. If you have a very good new product, you may sell the first 50% in the first four to six months, the next 30% will take the next twelve months and the last 20% may take months only selling one or two per month if your lucky. So lets say that your volume levels have reached the point to reorder or drop the part. If the particular part is moving relatively slow, so do you order another 50 and only sell one per month and tie up your money and warehouse on the slow moving part or put money into a new piece that will hopefully sell well.

Many of these manufactures use our orders to fill their work load to maintain there business core. We deal with a number of small US shops for some unique pieces that we offer. Pretty much the equivalent of a body shop taking in a restoration project. That shop is going to take on the insurance work and then when time allows, they will spend some time on the restoration project over in the corner. That shop over in Taiwan is not going to run you six pair of 68 Cuda quarters and three sets of 64 Fury quarters. They want volume to make it worth their efforts.

www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com
Correct Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock and supply a wide assortment for all of your restoration needs.

www.dalescudashop.com
Correct style exhaust tips and hardware, fresh air seals, go wings, Cuda & Challenger rear window louvers, hood pin kits